smoochy boys on tour

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
i think everyone echo's that sentiment.

Mental has made a really nice gesture there that the lomcn team should consider. my only concern is with the name changing, would it not be possible for them to re abbreviate lomcn?

thats your main concern, bringing in new people (getting lomcns name out there), aslong as the mir sections remain you should maintain the current users.

another idea would be to recruit dedicated staff support for specific games (rather than just mods who check for spam) people with experience in each field(game/files), who reply to any help topics that go unanswered. obviously it would take abit of time to work this out, but it would be worth it in the long run.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
its always been a mir forum no point changing it now to gain a few extra users mir isnt dead yet anyway id say theres still 300+ ppl left in private server community who play mir let alone when gamepot usa mir dies out there will be more ppl on forum+private mir again

Advertising servers on lomcn with banners is a good idea i asked a admin about it ages ago and was ignored... :l

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
its always been a mir forum no point changing it now to gain a few extra users mir isnt dead yet anyway id say theres still 300+ ppl left in private server community who play mir let alone when gamepot usa mir dies out there will be more ppl on forum+private mir again

Advertising servers on lomcn with banners is a good idea i asked a admin about it ages ago and was ignored... :l

Lomcn could always try to email users in its DB, I do this once every several months and it gets the point across to the user, handy for any future changes.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Lomcn could always try to email users in its DB, I do this once every several months and it gets the point across to the user, handy for any future changes.

this is a good ideea

@adding new games , this will totaly kill mir
the forum might get more users but mir private will be totaly killed by that
because lets face it all wow/l2/pw and other lovers which will come to forum (incase we will have wow/l2... sections) wont start playing mir and probs the current mir players will be attracted by other games = the end :P

im also kinda addicted to forum even tho i didnt played a mir server proper for months i still check lomcn daily :)

i think lomcn should have his own server advertised by lomcn and on which will work some trusted lomcn members , this wont gain new users but it might bring back some old users.

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom

people on gamepot already know about private servers, lets face it private servers arent private anymore, sure when gamepot goes down you will get a few members, but the majority will move onto other games.

lomcn does not need to advertise its own servers with banners, they are already displayed in the section that everybody knows is there.

if you keep lomcn mir only, the day will come (not so very far away) when the forum is just dead, no active users, barely any new posts/topics, then the whole community is wasted.
you can already see it happening, each day the forum is becoming less and less active, there is nothing new to talk about everything has been discussed before.

tbh im surprised you haven't been using your mailing lists.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Could always just turn this forum into 2/2.5D mmo based private servers, keeping Mir alive slightly, but their are loads of games out there just like Mir which could be introduced, not many forums out there which focus on 2D games. Also what Mental said about advertising on RZ would be a good idea, it's the main private server forum around, most of Asia know about RZ.

Something needs to be done if you want to keep this forum going, sticking with MIR is a no go imo.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Could always just turn this forum into 2/2.5D mmo based private servers, keeping Mir alive slightly, but their are loads of games out there just like Mir which could be introduced, not many forums out there which focus on 2D games. Also what Mental said about advertising on RZ would be a good idea, it's the main private server forum around, most of Asia know about RZ.

Something needs to be done if you want to keep this forum going, sticking with MIR is a no go imo.
i would say it would be a good start, but alot of these games are also in the same predicament as mir if not worse, also not sure how you would advertise to them.

another thing i noticed awhile back (no idea if its changed) is account creating needing to be validated(accepted) by the admin, this is a pretty poor system for brining in new players, people who join a forum want to be able to start reading/posting straight away if they have to wait 12-24hrs for their account to be accepted its unlikely they will return.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Mir's been dying for years now the fact is that it's the same old people on the forums and the numbers are going down slowly, yes we get the odd new member but that wont compensate for the amount the forum loses.

This is what I want to say about advertising other games aswell.

What are you going to lose? (try and gain something out of it)
What will you lose if you don't? (Sit back and let it die)

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Well to be honest, I dont understand whats wrong with advertising and getting involved with other games rather than just sticking with Mir. we all play different games alongside mir... why? because of better graphics and gameplay. Could stick with the same genre of games maybe??. Rename, and start working on building the community back up.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I will look into maybe introducing more games, but as I don't play many online games, i'm not sure what's available to us, so some examples would be nice.

Advertising is something I will look into, for now I've created a LOMCN group on Facebook (always a good place to start I guess!) Feel free to join, LOMCN.co.uk it should be called.
There's nothing there at the mo, but I will tidy it up at a later date.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
High Spec - Aion
Mid Spec - Jade Dynasty/Perfect World
Low Spec - Myth Of Soma :DDDD
Wild Card - Droiyan

But no idea, would people prefer newish games or more popular games, now you said you are thinking about adding other games, i think it's wise to discuss which type of games people would prefer.

I hear Warhammer source has been released, not complete but would be somthing the whole community could get involved in.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Would'nt mind a Counter-Strike server.

Always good fun to play.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
High Spec - Aion
Mid Spec - Jade Dynasty/Perfect World
Low Spec - Myth Of Soma :DDDD
Wild Card - Droiyan

But no idea, would people prefer newish games or more popular games, now you said you are thinking about adding other games, i think it's wise to discuss which type of games people would prefer.

I hear Warhammer source has been released, not complete but would be somthing the whole community could get involved in.
It will be discussed in time what games we could maybe go down.

Can't promise anything will happen.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
WoW sucks anyway, but at least you'd be trying I guess.

Think it might be a good idea to get everyones top 5 list or something and find the most popular ones and go from there.

Again what harm could it do? lol

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I don't like the idea of having big games such as WoW or Aion.

The whole point is to gain more members on this forum, whats the point in thinking of adding new games if you don't have the big ones?.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
It would be good to have WOW / AION / ZERO online etc etc sources and forums

just introduce a new game each month or something, dont just bundle in like 10 new games, do it 1 by 1, let users get used to the new game, try it out, get a server online

if it fails then remove it, if not leave it.

also lomcn should be advertised more as a "private gaming community" sort of thing, not legend of mir - as ive never meet ne1 irl who knows wot mir is lol. yet if u said it had files to play ur own world of warcraft server for example, ppl would understand what ur on about