AceM2: Official Server now online

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guile2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 8, 2005
Manchester
I disagree. That's the problem with servers nowadays. It's to easy!

I know David.... why not have a frigin' NCP that teleports you straight to all the KRs so you don't have to fanny about running about everywhere. Why not just spawn EvilMir right outside BW so eveyrone can have a chance at it instead of spending hours getting there.

Why not start everyone off with a tele ring??

Stop being lazy and a tight-ass and run/rt/horse it. --->> IMO.

HOWEVER..... I do agree about the whole starting off at Genko Tree Valley where noone is around-part is a bit risky from a developer's point of view. To someone who's just started and has no idea.... it's better to start off in a place that's populated... that way if you don't know how to do things from the off there is always the lovely Mir Community to help them along a bit? Maybe.... spawn in BW... but have a half decent quest that leads them to GTV or Border.... Then they can go from there. Otherwise.. Make GTV a bit more popular :D

Just a suggestion.
Squatts.

Going to the extreme to prove a point does nothing but make you look silly.

A teleport NPC is great cause most people don't have the time to run all the way to places, and also sometime you're not sure where you want to go, and having a nice list of teleport locations can sometimes give some inspiration on where to hunt.

It also makes guild hunts easier as you don't have to wait for everyone to make it to the location.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Going to the extreme to prove a point does nothing but make you look silly.

A teleport NPC is great cause most people don't have the time to run all the way to places, and also sometime you're not sure where you want to go, and having a nice list of teleport locations can sometimes give some inspiration on where to hunt.

It also makes guild hunts easier as you don't have to wait for everyone to make it to the location.

Fair point. But if you "don't have time" to run places - go play a server that hosts that facility because I don't think this is a major concern for the developers as the majority of players like this part of the game.

Alternatively, wait until they implement PD.

I can see where you're coming from, but then mir would just be too easy and I don't see the point of that :/

Squatts. ^^

Guile2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 8, 2005
Manchester
Fair point. But if you "don't have time" to run places - go play a server that hosts that facility because I don't think this is a major concern for the developers as the majority of players like this part of the game.

Alternatively, wait until they implement PD.

Squatts. ^^

"go play another server" because you want the "fun" of running to different places? lol....

Anyway theirs already a Junk Man so you don't have the "fun" in running to all the shops to sell individual items... This is the exact same scenario...

---------- Post Merged at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I can see where you're coming from, but then mir would just be too easy and I don't see the point of that :/
Squatts. ^^

No it doesnt become easy.

First of all, no-one will force you to use the teleporter, you may still run there if you wish.

and secondly the running to dungeons part of the game accounts for a very tiny percentage of what you actually do.

it does not make the game easier it's just a convenience which is there if you need it.

if you want to complain about easy mode: -

Auto-pots make the game easier - they are in
One shop to sell in SZ makes the game easier - thats in
50k cash when you start makes the game easier - thats in
A bloody horse when you start lol - thats in

i could go on, this is a very simple request that i know a lot of people want. and i've even heard the GMs saying it will come in the next reboot so no worries, but i need to just stamp out the "this makes the game too easy" argument, it just doesn't lol.

koz1122

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2012
Someone post me the IP Please, cba downloading 3gb

Thanks.

Anyone.... ?

Last edited:

Purity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 25, 2007
Your telling me the teleport NPC can teleport me to Mongchon, 3 maps away, but he cant teleport me to OmaCave like 30 seconds away?
Why dont YOU use a horse and RTs if you love them so much? What is it, the summer holidays or something?

Everybody wants everything handed to them on a plate on Mir nowdays. It doesn't take 5 minutes to ride anywhere. ****, you can even ride horses inside caves.

Guile2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 8, 2005
Manchester
Everybody wants everything handed to them on a plate on Mir nowdays. It doesn't take 5 minutes to ride anywhere. ****, you can even ride horses inside caves.

No-ones asking for easy mode here, just a dam teleport NPC lol

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Someone pleaseeee post the ip !!! Lol.

I take it you have SijoMir installed already?

Strange I just forced patcher to download those files again and they worked

If you want to get ingame just create a file called servers.ini and put the following into it

Code:
[Options]
ServerCount=1
[Server0]
ServerName=AceM2
ServerAddr=95.87.104.57
ServerPort=7000

Well, if you do, simply looking 10 posts ago would of given you the info you desire. If you don't, you really need to install AceM2 files.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
I'm just pointing out that I logged on for the first time and it took a very long time for me to bump into anyone.
We all want a certain level of difficulty yes, but running past deers and stuff is not enjoyable.
It had its merits when we were exploring mir for the first time 10 years ago, but be reasonable..

Progression is fun, but we have all done this exact same progression how many times? honestly?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I'm just pointing out that I logged on for the first time and it took a very long time for me to bump into anyone.
We all want a certain level of difficulty yes, but running past deers and stuff is not enjoyable.
It had its merits when we were exploring mir for the first time 10 years ago, but be reasonable..

Progression is fun, but we have all done this exact same progression how many times? honestly?

You sound like Bon.

What the difference between a high rate server and a low rate? On a high rate server you gain a lot more levels quicker but the items and the progression of your character means nothing, but on a low rate server it seems to matter when you gain a level or find a rare item. High rate servers ruin Mir, what you have to do on a low rate server you did what... 10 years ago? you don't think it's time to give another low rate server ago?.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
There's a BIG difference between spending 2 hours running somwhere and then spending another hr killing the boss and a rare dropping....

Compared to Tele'ing to Kr 5 hitting a boss and 10 rares dropping.

Tell me what's more fun please?

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
There's a BIG difference between spending 2 hours running somwhere and then spending another hr killing the boss and a rare dropping....

Compared to Tele'ing to Kr 5 hitting a boss and 10 rares dropping.

Tell me what's more fun please?

i would rather spend 2 hours going through the map killing on the way and than hope for 1 rare.... most enjoyable

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I'd find it more enjoyable to have a rare within 5hours of hunting solo killing mobs / 2-3hours of randomly finding subs & killing mobs
or
1rare within 2-3hours of running to a boss WITH A GROUP, and killing it (with the multiple deaths and re-runs involved) ;P

tbh make a poll and see what the majority think.

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Damn guys like you are the reason why nothing in this ****ing forum gets done. Stop bringing down the production teams and be greatful for their work. Dont expect to see all the new latest flashy patches in the starting towns. It's the same with any private server for any game in the world. You are very unlikely to see different content, it will always be the same with the odd different quest and rates.

On topic: Good work i seen so far guys. Last time i logged in like 2weeks ago i saw a few minor interface problems with there still being korean text but development in progress. Hopefully a lot more has been done since i played and can't wait to get back in and see it ;)
Going to read the updates later and see what has been done with feedback on criticism / improvements and i will also give credit were due based on my opinion playing both mir 2 and mir 3.

Last edited:

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
I'd find it more enjoyable to have a rare within 5hours of hunting solo killing mobs / 2-3hours of randomly finding subs & killing mobs
or
1rare within 2-3hours of running to a boss WITH A GROUP, and killing it (with the multiple deaths and re-runs involved) ;P

tbh make a poll and see what the majority think.

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Damn guys like you are the reason why nothing in this ****ing forum gets done. Stop bringing down the production teams and be greatful for their work. Dont expect to see all the new latest flashy patches in the starting towns. It's the same with any private server for any game in the world. You are very unlikely to see different content, it will always be the same with the odd different quest and rates.

^^ Here Here. I agree. This.:D

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
i will also give credit were due based on my opinion playing both mir 2 and mir 3.

Thank God your finally going to give people some DayDie credits, now the children in Africa will be able to eat for another year and the Sun-god Ra will grant us another glorious summer here in the UK. Thankyou, seriously, Thankyou.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Thank God your finally going to give people some DayDie credits, now the children in Africa will be able to eat for another year and the Sun-god Ra will grant us another glorious summer here in the UK. Thankyou, seriously, Thankyou.
Lmfao -,-
These guys need some credit given were due. Not many grateful people giving them the gratefulness they need. This is why the LOMCN community is dying because of the lack of support leading to lack of motivation leading to failure.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Lmfao -,-
These guys need some credit given were due. Not many grateful people giving them the gratefulness they need. This is why the LOMCN community is dying because of the lack of support leading to lack of motivation leading to failure.

^^ Agree.

It's all take take take from people demanding an NPC in town that will tele straight to KR to kill a boss. I wouldn't be surprised if they DON'T put a tele in-game doing this... and rightly so, it might actually separate the asses from the people who actually want to play properly. Running to a KR is actually a MOJOR part of the game. Euro Mir didn't have this.. and USA Mir actually brought this in-game to a cost of a Dungeon Scroll (and even then this didn't tele you to Kr - more outside of the leveling place). Actually... this would be a good idea because think of the amount of money they made out of all the asses who used it.

so actually - I change my opinion. Bring in a NPC that will tele you to KR. But charge £1 a go. K'CHING! £££££££££

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
lol don't make it a npc make it a scroll or rock or something which you double click for options to go like F1 or F2 of caves :p
somethign to add to gameshop ^.^

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
lol don't make it a npc make it a scroll or rock or something which you double click for options to go like F1 or F2 of caves :p
somethign to add to gameshop ^.^

you have to be careful though. Like I said previously, you don't want too many asses in game that will spend their months wages (or two weeks dole money's worth) on GameShop cash and just tele to Kr all the time.

Keep the Mir Ethos and don't put any tele NPCs or Scrolls apart from the ones that take out just outside the leveling cave/temple. don't be a sell-out guys!

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Lmfao -,-

they need credit? greatful people arent giving them greatfulness? theyre going to become unmotivated and fail?

Where did you find these conclusions? How much have you had to drink? Do you know its wednesday?

How did we get here from "We should have a Dungeon teleporter" ... Seriously, how do you function in day to day society?

---------- Post Merged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Suggestions:
Make Dungeon Teleport at NPC
Stop being lazy and a tight-ass and run/rt/horse it. --->> IMO.
don't put any tele NPCs or Scrolls apart from the ones that take out just outside the leveling cave/temple.

Lewis Hamilton cant make U-Turns that fast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.