Best MMO atm on pc?

Join Discord

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
FYI: For anyone that does actually want to give BDO a try, there is a 7-day free trial available.

Reactions: Emzie

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
I've been eyeballing Lost Ark and Ashes of Creation.

LOM is the only game that I've ever played!

I quite fancy giving Ashes of creation a try as its got the Dark Age of Camelot look & feel.
Friends that left mir2 to play Horizons (old GN game) then ended up on DAOC say its really good fun.
Post automatically merged:

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
BDO quite popular it seems? but requires so much effort!

I won't go near WoW... just can't get into it.

still waiting for the next best thing though...

Feel same about WoW, very unpolished to me and stuff like hardcore raiding would drive me nuts.

I am playing BDO quite often again, It's not a real mmo though (until far later stages when your attack and defense points are good enough for PvP guilds that take control of nodes etc), similar to WoW for me where the game is not about relying on each other really, you could play WoW and BDO completely solo, any PvP outside of Guild PvP doesn't mean much at all as you can change server to get another clear grind spot etc. Big reason why I'm playing BDO is because the combat is great, doing activities is pretty alright and I've got some of my good m8s on discord with me, to me it's like one of the best online "console" games.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Boss > Manshaums Boss > Manshaums > Boss > Manshaums > Fail Enchantment > Repeat.

My BDO experience, it's a good game and really the only one i been playing this year but it gets very exhausting.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Anyone play Elder Scrolls: Elsweyr? Never played any of the original offline ones, always thought they looked abit naff. But that does look quite good - just curious if i'd be abit lost as a casual, not knowing the back storys etc.

ESO in a great place at the minute. Lots of people left WoW after BfA and joined ESO , I really like playing it I’m a massive ES fanboy , it’s obvious different to the other ES games but it makes it good imo. It was **** a few years ago but it’s really made the effort to be better and it does it well IMO

Just wish I had more time to play it

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
ESO in a great place at the minute. Lots of people left WoW after BfA and joined ESO , I really like playing it I’m a massive ES fanboy , it’s obvious different to the other ES games but it makes it good imo. It was **** a few years ago but it’s really made the effort to be better and it does it well IMO

Just wish I had more time to play it
Decent! Im the same, don't want to get in to something thats heavily end game or group required because of limited playing time. But something thats new, fun solo or group with that nerdy fantasy feel.

That DAOC looks funny, would have been good when it was released, looks like a WoW/Runescape crossover xD.

Think ESO + FF and there ones ill be looking at. Casual Console ftw.

Has POE made it to console yet? I liked look of that, wasn't good enough to get me sitting at PC to play though, thought it would be more fun/easier to sit on sofa playing console but when i Looked it hadnt moved to console yet.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
PoE is on PS4 I know that , it feels more natural to me on PS4 than it did on pc haha.

Reactions: Swoosh

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Just re-joined my friend from phoenix server on FF Online - Was a lvl 46 summoner so jumped back on - 20 mins later im grinding away in story cutscenes that trump any Warcraft one i seen in 10 years of playing it. Makes you feel like your making an impact instead of saving a village for it to respawn 2 seconds later on fire again for the next adventure to save. Grouping for dungeons takes around 10-15 mins which is slower but other than that I have loads to do, enjoying the story and events can be challenging with 1v1 sub boss where if you don't move out of AOE your pretty much dead so nice difficulty instead of being easy mode.

On Shiva which raging as loads of ones above are on Omega but would recommend (Is cross play available cross world on your data center)

Reactions: Tai

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
What version of FF are we talking about?
Interested in trying it out on the PS4.

Need something that's gonna grip me. Struggling at the moment to really get into anything. Found mysef back on FIFA but I wanna stop playing so I'm ready for FIFA20 in a few months.

Reactions: Swoosh

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Final fantasy a realm reborn ( xiv )

I’m playing on PS4 , only just started and I went for the Spriggan server as it has the exp bonus on it.

Don’t know if you can chat or group with people cross server at all ? Or if server swap is a thing ?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I can't seem to find this game in the PS Store? :/

Edit: Found it. £12.99 for starter edition.
Says subscription and 30-Day free trial? How much is the subscription?
Don't fancy payinf £12.99 for a subscription based game, and that's only the starter pack!

Last edited:

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

Don't fancy payinf £12.99 for a subscription based game, and that's only the starter pack!

I thought that but can you can get the game and all dlc for £18 and sub is £7 I think which is decent

edit, that could be pc only.

lvl 9 ish so far as an archer on omega.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just re-joined my friend from phoenix server on FF Online - Was a lvl 46 summoner so jumped back on - 20 mins later im grinding away in story cutscenes that trump any Warcraft one i seen in 10 years of playing it. Makes you feel like your making an impact instead of saving a village for it to respawn 2 seconds later on fire again for the next adventure to save. Grouping for dungeons takes around 10-15 mins which is slower but other than that I have loads to do, enjoying the story and events can be challenging with 1v1 sub boss where if you don't move out of AOE your pretty much dead so nice difficulty instead of being easy mode.

On Shiva which raging as loads of ones above are on Omega but would recommend (Is cross play available cross world on your data center)

Oh the story is amazing, just very long (but isn't every FF?) The story expansion that's just been added (Shadowbringers) is actually ******* incredible.

FYI the duty finder dungeons etc. is pretty much instant if you play a tank or healer role :p most people play dps that's why the ques are longer for that role. Anyway 46 isn't that high you should get on Omega :p

Final fantasy a realm reborn ( xiv )

I’m playing on PS4 , only just started and I went for the Spriggan server as it has the exp bonus on it.

Don’t know if you can chat or group with people cross server at all ? Or if server swap is a thing ?

You can group with people for dungeons/raids etc cross-server now. You can also travel to other servers as well though I'm not too sure on how it works, I've only done it once as another server had an item I wanted cheaper on their market board.

Spriggan is a new server that's why you get the exp bonus. Seems to be doing well.

You can get the sub down to about £7.45, direct thru square enix, that's what I do.

@PoPcOrN what is your name?

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Oh the story is amazing, just very long (but isn't every FF?) The story expansion that's just been added (Shadowbringers) is actually ******* incredible.

FYI the duty finder dungeons etc. is pretty much instant if you play a tank or healer role :p most people play dps that's why the ques are longer for that role. Anyway 46 isn't that high you should get on Omega :p

You can group with people for dungeons/raids etc cross-server now. You can also travel to other servers as well though I'm not too sure on how it works, I've only done it once as another server had an item I wanted cheaper on their market board.

Spriggan is a new server that's why you get the exp bonus. Seems to be doing well.

You can get the sub down to about £7.45, direct thru square enix, that's what I do.

@PoPcOrN what is your name?

Jambo Bamps, It wont let me pm unless i buy it. can you still do dungeons and group chat?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Jambo Bamps, It wont let me pm unless i buy it. can you still do dungeons and group chat?
I didn't notice any restrictions when I was on the trial. It's probably just cos I'm not online

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk