The Legend of ̶ M̶i̶r̶ Fishing [Custom Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
You already know Mir2Pion spunked in his pant, reading that long thought out reply from Sanj that was right up his alley.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
p.s - some ingame screenshots when you can would be cool!

let me know if you want a screenshot of anything in particular

---------- Post Merged on 28-06-2018 at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-06-2018 at 04:48 PM ----------

Ive made a few changes to the Archers Range.

Instead of missing when out of range you will get an "Ineffective Range!" damage indicator to show your out of range (there is still a chance you could hit something while out of range. Especially with Focus and sometimes without) But to effectivly deal dps damage on a constant you need to be in range.

If you are in range you will always hit the target but not always damage it (Miss = lower accuracy than targets agility, or Blocked = lower DC than targets AC/AMC [yes im return MAC back to AMC as thats how i remember it])

Bows also have the rare chance of dropping with added range (upto 2 meters).

Small Vid to show what im talking about

[video=youtube_share;ygqXH3m6z34]https://youtu.be/ygqXH3m6z34[/video]

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Not sure if he's still the same mindset as Origins but he wouldn't accept any donations or anything as he was just doing it for himself.

im exactly like origins, i really dont want money, ive never made a server for money and it doesnt appeal to me to make donations and have a well equipped gameshop.

i have toyed with the idea of a really cheap p2p server in the past, mainly just to get rid of time wasters and only those that play really want to but i dont even like thta idea lol.

im still looking around and will probably go with a soyoustart or an ovh (same company but ovh have slightly better system and a uk based center)

has anyone hosted a server on a vps? because thats considerably cheaper lol

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey bud, just to clarify - is the server ready for beta now and your just waiting to save enough funds for dedi?

Or is there still 1-2 months of work to be done?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hey bud, just to clarify - is the server ready for beta now and your just waiting to save enough funds for dedi?

Or is there still 1-2 months of work to be done?

theres always a bit of work to do :) even when its ready there will probably be work to do. Its not really about funds but im looking at £70 a month for a half decent dedi from my searching anyway (that includes the windows 2012 licence) so financially its more than i remember with Origins but that was a few years ago.

im currently looking at a VPS through 123-reg for about £25 a month which is easier to blag to the mrs rather than £70! but im not sure how a VPS will handle a crystals server.

the other thing i wanted was ddos protection because we all know how badly mir servers get ddosed by disgruntled players :/

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Would there be some possibility that you could get a ride alongside somebody who already rents dedi to run mir on? To pool resources, share the cost? That supposing you can run more than single mir server off given dedi?

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
so i wonder when you would open up server. i might be able to play a bit but i like the whole idea. i just wish the best :) can someone PM or email me preffered the launch for open testing please

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
theres always a bit of work to do :) even when its ready there will probably be work to do. Its not really about funds but im looking at £70 a month for a half decent dedi from my searching anyway (that includes the windows 2012 licence) so financially its more than i remember with Origins but that was a few years ago.

im currently looking at a VPS through 123-reg for about £25 a month which is easier to blag to the mrs rather than £70! but im not sure how a VPS will handle a crystals server.

the other thing i wanted was ddos protection because we all know how badly mir servers get ddosed by disgruntled players :/

Stick up a beta from home, if thats possible. It's not like half the servers aren't run this way anyway.
If it enjoyable, you won't be short of offers to help set up a dedi for a few months to get going.

At the very least you can get some testing done in the meantime.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yeah i can run the beta from home, its set up to connect through my router while im testing it anyway so its not a problem.

ive already uploaded my client to my ftp its just im constantly adding quests at the moment so the server just isnt up long enough for a
decent amount of testing.

Ill open up a beta this weekend if things go well this week.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

check out
https://www.soyoustart.com/en/
https://www.kimsufi.com/uk/

might beable to find a little windows vps problem is anything that windows costs more.. >.<

could use something like scaleway, and upload your own OS like windows 10 or something. grab a cheapo key.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Maybe just chuck some real cheap Skins in Gameshop ? Does not affect the game in anyway and you could add some cool looking character skin's in, i know Crystal has the Santa Claus and few other but they are cheesy. Sure that would easily cover the 70£ a month.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Extra storage tabs , bag space , cosmetics , pets that auto pick up items , Even if just 20 people buy them at approx £10 each person that’s you covered for nearly 2 months without affecting gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.