The Legend of ̶ M̶i̶r̶ Fishing [Custom Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Just thinking about the not afking bit. Will a program not be able to detect a bite, allowing you to afk? If so I'm sure this will probably happen.

OhBaby

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
May 26, 2015
Just thinking about the not afking bit. Will a program not be able to detect a bite, allowing you to afk? If so I'm sure this will probably happen.

Yes quite easily, used to do it on Albion online for afk fishing

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
So would it better if it was afk fishing. So there is no issues of spending time dealing with the bots?

Would boost user count.
Save the GM time and hassle,
Develope the non afk fishing in caves so mobs spawn or have patrolling AI.

I think the idea of the server could be great just a couple potential issue to think about.

Me and Jamie have discussed auto play leveling concept and how viable it would be on mir2 or mir3

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
So would it better if it was afk fishing. So there is no issues of spending time dealing with the bots?

Would boost user count.
Save the GM time and hassle,
Develope the non afk fishing in caves so mobs spawn or have patrolling AI.

I think the idea of the server could be great just a couple potential issue to think about.

Me and Jamie have discussed auto play leveling concept and how viable it would be on mir2 or mir3

I definetly share these views. If you make it possible for players to go afk then it would still be balanced because it is a feature available to everyone.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Disagree, because how about a button with 'End Game' on it on the interface, which if you clicked, it would give you the highest level available with the best items obtainable... what's wrong with the idea if its available to everyone?

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
To be honest, depending on how fast your bag fills up I don't think AFK fishing would be of much benefit anyway. I seem to remember the server advert saying the fish don't stack.

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Can understand AFK fishing just hate the idea of one guy having about 20 different accounts open at the same time...#probablyrookienumbers

Also this would make the time being put into the actual fishing side of the game pretty pointless as no one would really appreciate it as much as it would just be AFKed while they hunted on a different account

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Tbh i'd like auto fishing Shane pointed out some great point also another one is most people can leave their pc on afk fishing to it will be pretty even in terms of leveling it will be that grind of bosses for spells / kit. I think it's good all around for the server to add this.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Mir usa had auto fishing , you had to buy a good reel with auto on it. and once your bag filled up you stopped fishing. Could also catch seaturles lol

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
in order to afk fish you would need:

- a program to accurately check your bite
- work out if the bite was hooked
- then measure your stamina
- then work out the distance of the fish which is only stored server side and is a variable based on many factors
- then it would have to work out the tension gain which again is based on alot of different variables stored server side
- then it would have to make sure that tension didnt max out during the fishing by utilising the release tension function.

a lot of of this information is never passed to the client...

if someone is that determined to try and afk fish then good luck to them, it requires user input and judgement..

might aswell make a program to bot your hunting...

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
in order to afk fish you would need:

- a program to accurately check your bite
- work out if the bite was hooked
- then measure your stamina
- then work out the distance of the fish which is only stored server side and is a variable based on many factors
- then it would have to work out the tension gain which again is based on alot of different variables stored server side
- then it would have to make sure that tension didnt max out during the fishing by utilising the release tension function.

a lot of of this information is never passed to the client...

if someone is that determined to try and afk fish then good luck to them, it requires user input and judgement..

might aswell make a program to bot your hunting...

Good to hear, please don't think I'm trying to be negative. Although you say botting would be easier to program however it's very obvious to spot. Afk bot fishing would not be detected?

Help

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 17, 2018
Fishing for exp is actually really good, DarkZone do event on the weekend and it's nice to chill watch a film whilst gaining to EXP then when you wanna play properly just go smash some bosses / mobs for kit. Obviously their Fishing system is nowhere near as customized as yours either, loving the weight's you've added in very unique.

Nice one Sanj look's very interesting didn't expect anything less from you though,

Good Luck.
You are big eggs _!_

---------- Post Merged at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Do not listen o others.You can do the best game good and i want ttry it but i i have problem with download

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Good to hear, please don't think I'm trying to be negative. Although you say botting would be easier to program however it's very obvious to spot. Afk bot fishing would not be detected?

not thinking that at all bud

there are some very smart people out there, especially around the crystal files and programming them. far more intelligent than i will ever be.

afk bot fishing would not be detectable no, not really. in all honesty the only way i could spot it would be to stand next to them and say hi and hope im not ignored... thats about as brutally honest as it gets.

if someone wants to make a program to afk level on a server made by a novice, hosting from his home, just making a server to enjoy, then really they've made more effort than me >.<

im not in a position to finance being able to put in place code to actively stop afk/bot fishing, but ill be impressed if anyone manages it ( trouble is that sounds more like a challenge than anything and it really isnt :/ )

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Good to hear it won't be easy to leave it AFKing mate. To be honest I think they only people who would make a program that sophisticated would be someone who could gain money out of it - I doubt this will be likely on a server of this size. Look forward to giving it a go :D

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Probably a dumb question but I'm guessing archers won't be affected by Attack Speed added on to items?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
does this server have a direct download for full client so i don't have to download at 160kb/s in launcher?

i download with 2mbs in the launcher, ive not had anyone else say its a slow download >.<

but no there is no full client download sorry

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
the reason is i live farthest west of Canada ... and that is a huge distance from your server ip probably... im a rare breed over here lol.
its common for me to receive such weak speeds if your dedi is not central i guess... well if anyone wants to kindly upload a zipped client or torrent it maybe? it would be a heap of help.. otherwise i will expect a day to download :P Legend of Fishing download.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.